Though our offices are closed to the public to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus, we are still working, and we are here to help you! To receive help from Legal Aid of Western Ohio, Inc. (LAWO), Advocates for Basic Legal Equality, Inc. (ABLE) or a pro bono program, you must be low-income and live in one of 32-counties of northwest and west central Ohio, OR be an Ohio resident and have a legal problem in one of 32-counties of northwest and west central Ohio; and complete an application for services.
Education and Special Education:
Housing and Eviction:
CDC Eviction Moratorium Packet
- Worksheet: Am I eligible?
- Information Sheet: Stop Eviction
- Rent Assistance Resource List
- Declaration Form
Additional Housing Resources
- Toledo Emergency Rental Assistance available NOW! ACT QUICKLY, deadline looms!
- Is Your Housing Protected by the CARES ACT?
- Tenants’ Rights During COVID-19 (video)
- Sample Message to Landlord
The map below shows Municipal Courts in the ABLE/LAWO Service Area.
- Red: Still Evicting
- Pink: Starting to evict (after halting evictions initially)
- Blue: Halted evictions (through a published order)
- Yellow: Evictions Continued on Docket (no order, but no evictions scheduled for near future on docket)
- White: Unknown
Scams and Schemes:
- Plan Ahead Live Zoom Meeting Schedule
- Plan Ahead Live Zoom Meeting about Health Care Decisions
Senior Legal Services: COVID-19 Response
- LAWO’s Plan Ahead & Protect Yourself Legal Series for Seniors: Justice for Seniors (video)
- LAWO’s Plan Ahead & Protect Yourself Legal Series for Seniors: Keeping Seniors Safe (video)
- LAWO’s Plan Ahead & Protect Yourself Legal Series for Seniors: Financial Powers of Attorney & More (video)
- LAWO’s Plan Ahead & Protect Yourself Legal Series for Seniors: Health Advance Directives (video)
- Unemployment benefits during COVID-19 (video)
- School Rights Scoop discussing special education during COVID-19 (video)
- ABLE discute los beneficios de desempleo de Ohio y los requisitos de elegibilidad de immigrants (vídeo)
- Unemployment Compensation in Ohio during the COVID-19 pandemic (video)
- A discussion in Arabic about unemployment benefits during the coronavirus pandemic (video)